Wednesday, February 24, 2016

His truth Vs. My reality

God has really shown me the past few weeks that submitting to His word is not just submission to His principles and standards. It is submission to who His word says we are and what His word says He wants us to have. If the reality of my life in any area is contrary to the truth of what God's word says, how am I responding? Am I bowing down to what I see and accepting my reality or am I submitting to His word and saying " I refuse to accept  what I see instead of humbling myself and saying "what I see is so small in comparison to who you are. I know your word is the ultimate truth, beyond even what I see and feel. I submit to what it says, I believe it, I cherish it, and I trust in it's power to change my current reality."

It's arrogance on our part to assume that things will never change just because they haven't changed yet. What is any of our situations when confronted with the power of God's word? Change WILL come. If you are willing to STILL believe!  Just stay humble and submitted to what His word says, not what you see and feel. Remember that what we see is only a very small part of the puzzle that God is putting together in our life.

It's very easy to take matters into our own hands after we have tried things God's way and nothing has changed. circumstances haven't changed, people haven't changed, we haven't changed. We tell ourselves "It's just not meant to happen for me". We strike out to make things happen as best we can in our own power or we tell ourselves we'll make the best of our life without that thing we were once so confident that God wanted to do for us.

The truth is though, this is arrogance. It's our human pride convincing us that it's an extremely reasonable and even responsible conclusion to come to when things haven't changed after all this time. We rely on our wisdom and critical thinking
 instead of on God's wisdom and the counsel of His word and Holy Spirit. Just look at those who God used the greatest in the scriptures - they all submitted to God and what He had told them in spite of no change in their circumstances, and they did this for years. Some of them did this for decades.

Let's all take a step back and remember who we are in comparison to who He is and ask ourselves "is that area of my life really hopeless, or have I just grown tired and weary of humbly submitting to the hope found in His word concerning that situation?" It takes energy to believe, to expect, to hope. It takes us submitting our fears and doubts to God and believing that the promises in His word will bring about a change, regardless of how long it has been. I encourage you today to humbly admit that what you see at the moment has no weight in comparison to what His word says and start believing once again to see His truth change your reality, today!

Blessings to you all and "May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, so that by the power of the Holy Spirit you may abound in hope." 
- Roman's 15:13

No comments:

Post a Comment